ENVIRONMENTAL SOCIAL GOVERNANCE
Balancing sustainability targets, energy production levels and profitability are unique challenges that industry is faced with in North America and abroad. Environmental Social Governance (ESG) Engineering is a major focal point for SIGIT and many of our clients. With the exponential growth of technology and the aggressive drive for ‘Net Zero Emissions’, embracing ESG is a transformative business strategy.
SIGIT’s approach to developing meaningful and transparent ESG initiatives is multi-faceted but in a simplistic view it requires us to make use of our resources in efficient manners that have consideration for our employees, community, and clients.
DESIGNING WITH ESG CONSIDERATIONS
SIGIT understands and is committed to helping our clients achieve their ESG/sustainability targets. Whether we develop emissions reduction projects, navigate Carbon Capture, Utilization & Sequestration (CCUS) initiatives, or design “Net-Zero” facilities with the latest environmentally-focused technology – SIGIT has the expertise to lead the way.
DEVELOPING & EXECUTING ENERGY ESG INITIATIVES
How SIGIT can help
SIGIT designs solutions to maximize our clients’ ESG investments, reducing their environmental footprint and elevating program credibility.
- Emissions reductions projects
- Power planning with Scope 1 and Scope 2 considerations
- Compression electrification and upgrades
- Process optimization initiatives
- Carbon capture, utilization & sequestration (CCUS) education, development, and execution
SIGIT’S INTERNAL ESG INITIATIVES:
Internally, SIGIT manages various initiatives to meet our goals:
- SIGIT’s processes have evolved to reduce our use of paper in our business operations. Specifically, in the engineering space, we no longer store or manage project “stick” files on paper. SIGIT makes use of Bluebeam’s Revu product for online collaboration and review of project deliverables. This not only reduces our paper consumption, but also our ink, travel time and costs, and turnaround time to progress projects.
- Both of SIGIT’s offices in North America provide recycling and composting services. SIGIT trains our team to make sure of these programs as well as semi-annual ones for the proper disposal of batteries, computers, and IT waste.
Efficiency Where We Work
- We strive to locate our offices in LEED certified buildings
- SIGIT’s offices are located near public transit services for rails, buses, and bike lanes. Our employees are incentivized to take public.
Engagement with Community
- SIGIT offices support engagement in the communities where we operate. Our Denver office supports a local food drive, FoodForThought. Our employees support local scholarship chapters through the GPA Midstream and other non-profits. When our communities need support, we are here to help.
ENVIRONMENTAL SOCIAL GOVERNANCE ENGINEERING PROJECTS
Central Processing Facility
Moose Hills, Alberta
Enhanced Oil Recovery
Dee Valley, Saskatchewan
Carbon Capture Facility